You get the most out of Microsoft cloud services when you migrate your applications and on-premise server infrastructures to the cloud.
This Azure Immersion workshop: Infrastructure Migration brings you up to speed on landing zones, why they’re important, and how to design and implement them for your own migrations. In the afternoon, jump into a hands-on learning lab where you’ll leverage Microsoft Azure Migrate to transition applications to the cloud.
Gain confidence in the cloud with Azure!
When: Wednesday, May 26
Time: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm PT
Where: Virtual (Microsoft Teams)
*Please note that this exclusive session covers Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Linux, and open-source software database migrations to Azure.
What we’ll cover:
- How to design a migration strategy for on-premises environments to Azure
- How to leverage Azure Migrate to assess and move a simple application to Azure
- The value of implementing a landing zone and how to design and implement your first one
By the end of this workshop, you’ll have the necessary knowledge to effectively migrate on-prem servers and unlock cloud benefits.
Who Should Attend?
This technical workshop is suitable for systems administrators and technical support staff who are just beginning to work with Azure. This audience wants to get hands-on experience with the product. You should be familiar with basic computing concepts and terminology.
Morning Session - Infrastructure Migration:
- Azure Migration Overview: Optimize your cost and migrate with confidence
- Introduction to Azure Migrate
- Defining your Migration Approach (Case Study)
- HOL 1: Technical Assessment
Afternoon Session - Infrastructure Migration:
- Introduction to the Landing Zone
- Whiteboard: Building your Landing Zone
- HOL 2: Windows/SQL & Linux migration
- Closing: Next best action
In Partnership with: